10 Important Rules for Hamster Cages
Author: Nadia VellaSource: www.hamster-club.com
a good hamster cage is of utmost importance for your hamster's health and
Below you will find the 10 most
important rules for Hamster Cages:
1. The larger the hamster
cage, the better. Hamsters love to roam, thus the bigger the cage
, the happier
2. 2. A rectangular cage with plain wire bars makes the best use of available space.
3. The bars of the cage must
be horizontal with no plastic coating. The bars must be around half inch apart.
4. The edges of the cage bottom should be not more than 4
inches high so that the hamster can see out.
5. You must
add some ramps and ladders in the hamster's cage.
the largest possible sleeping house.
7. Line the cage with
hamster bedding like torn toilet paper (which is the safest type of hamster
8. Place the cage in a quiet location.
9. The cage must also be elevated and never placed on the
10. Make sure that you clean the cage at least once