Ribena saves cooked hamster
Author: John HigginsonSource: www.metro.co.uk
A hamster was miraculously brought back to life after being cooked by accident.
The pet, called Christmas, must have had a gnawing feeling something was wrong when his cage
was left on top of an oven and the hob was turned on by mistake.
The hamster's cage
burst into flames and Christmas became a furry fireball.
When firefighters arrived to put out the blaze, the hamster was lying on his back with his charred legs in the air and tongue hanging out.
Officer Mark Spinks, 36, admitted: 'We all looked at each other and said, “That hamster is a goner”.'
But when colleagues gave Christmas a blast of oxygen, a few nips of Ribena and rubbed his belly, they were amazed to see him splutter back to life.
The drama unfolded after owner Stacy Bell, 24, moved Christmas into the kitchen because he was keeping son Dylan, four, awake.
Mrs. Bell said: 'I am pleased Christmas is OK. The firemen were brilliant.'