Hamster Club
Help Us
Hamster Shop Guest Book Contact Us



Chocolate should never be given to hamsters!
Author: Nadia Vella
Source: www.hamster-club.com

Untitled Document
Chocolate should never be given to hamsters! Only hamster chocolate drops are fine for a hamster to eat.

Normal chocolate is very toxic to hamsters and should never be given, not even in small quantities.

Affected hamsters should be taken to a vet immediately since the hamster will need fluids, vitamins and warmth to help detoxify the body.

If your hamster ate lots of chocolate, you may use a homeopathic treatment which may help it feel better. The homeopathic treatment is called Nux vomica. Nux vomica will help the hamster feel much better and may be bought from an animal pharmacy or from a vet.

Join Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our Hamster Newsletter by sending an email to info@hamster-club.com


Send Your Pictures

You can send us your hamster 
photos on nadia@hamster-club.com and these will be uploaded to our facebook page and/or our hamster site.